Terms & Conditions
Important Information about using the NARPO website
While every effort is made to ensure the information on these pages is accurate and up to date, it should not be treated as a complete and / or authoritative statement of the law, policies or procedures and NARPO cannot be held liable for any inaccuracies and their consequences. The information contained on this site is not a substitute for legal advice. If you have a legal problem you should talk to a lawyer or adviser before making a decision about what to do.
Every effort is made to ensure advertisers are reputable but we do not accept responsibility for the supply of goods or services advertised.
NARPO is committed to equality of opportunity and membership of NARPO and all its services are available equally regardless of sex, race, age, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief, insofar as users are members of NARPO.
Please see our Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Any personal details that you may send us via the website or email will be treated as confidential by NARPO and, if they are kept on file, will be dealt with pursuant to the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- The data controller for this website is the National Association of Retired Police Officers. Our data protection registration number is Z5666068.
- Your personal information will be used to build an accurate record of our membership and to provide a personalized, effective service to our members. Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
- We will not provide your personal information to any third parties without your express consent unless required to do so by law.
- We will take all reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. However, we would ask you to note that we cannot guarantee the security of information sent by email or over the internet.
- You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, the provision of which may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
- The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.