Later Life Ambitions has been a vocal supporter of a renewed approach to funding social care, which will help resolve the considerable issues facing the sector today.
This is why we are asking our members to write to their local MP, ahead of the publication of the Green Paper in order to generate support for the recommendations that our members hope to see. These are:
- Clear action to reduce the complexities of the care system.
- Introduce a cap of £35,000 on personal contributions to care, at which point the state will cover ongoing care costs
- Establish a cross-party working group to take the politics out of social care and agree a consistent way forward.
- Create a dedicated ring-fenced tax to fund social care services.
- Health and social care services should work more closely to relieve the financial burden on the NHS and ensure that patients receive the most appropriate care.
Further information and a template letter to send to your MP can be found . Please write to your MP and encourage friends and family to do likewise
If you have any questions please contact Later Life Ambitions via firstname.lastname@example.org