Later Life Ambitions brings together the collective voices of over a quarter of a million pensioners through the National Association of Retired Police Officers [NARPO], The National Federation of Occupational Pensioners [NFOP]and the Civil Service Pensioners’ Alliance [CSPA].
The campaign seeks to make a difference to older peoples lives by campaigning for change.
The campaign will focus on:
Three key ‘proactive’ issues
- Social care: top line: LLA seeks a cross-party solution that guarantees funding for proper social care for older people and takes social care out of electoral cycle
- Pensions: top line: LLA seeks a clear, accessible, single state pension system for all
- Housing: top line: LLA seeks a renewed focus on housing for older people and a national strategy on encouraging specialist later life housing
- Transport: decent bus services important for older people and this should be debated as part of the Buses Bill, also issue of using the bus pass a senior railcard
- Online fraud: Connect to monitor Home Office task force and respond where appropriate