NARPO – The voice of retired police officers
NARPO – The voice of retired police officers

This guidance explains the rights of UK nationals in the EU, the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland to benefits and pensions.

UK State Pension

You can carry on receiving your UK State Pension if you move to live in the EUEEA or Switzerland and you can still claim your UK State Pension from these countries.

Your UK State Pension will be increased each year in the EU in line with the rate paid in the UK.

You can also count relevant social security contributions made in EU countries to meet the qualifying conditions for a UK State Pension.

This guidance is for UK nationals, however these rules on the State Pension apply to everyone regardless of your nationality and regardless or when you moved.